EUGRIS Newsletter – December 2004
EUGRIS is a platform for explaining, searching and disseminating the state of the art in technical guidance, policy, research and funding for land and groundwater
management. The gateway combines a technical and policy compendium, a search engine and a dissemination tool in one central place.
Find more under http://www.eugris.info/AboutEUGRIS.asp
What’s new on EUGRIS
03/12/2004 110 UK - Environment Agency launches hazwaste guidance
02/12/2004 109 International Conference on Stabilisation/Solidification Treatment and Remediation - Advances in S/S for waste and contaminated land
02/12/2004 108 Vital Soil: the next step towards a European Soil Strategy
02/12/2004 107 Scientific Basis for the Management of European Soil Resources -Research Agenda
Find more under http://www.eugris.info/Whatsnew.asp
What you can do on EUGRIS
You can post your information for free! Registered users have access to all levels of information and can post news items, web links, documents and other resources
· Make a personal entry so people can find you?
· Make an entry for your organisation – so people find out about it?
· Make an entry for your research project – so people find out about it?
· Why don’t you tell everyone about that excellent report or book that you wrote?
· Why not publicise your web site to bring traffic to it from EUGRIS?
· Tell people about your conference or training course!
· Tell us your news!
· Everything posted can be automatically linked to the topics and countries you want.
Available technical information (status 12/2004)
· Cost-Benefit-Analysis (Financial Risk Assessment, Tools),
· Remediation Options (Ex situ, In situ treatment, MNA, Containment, Permeable Reactive Barriers),
· Risk Assessment (Sources, Pathways, Receptors, Tools and procedures, Toxicological information),
· Risk Management (Monitoring and aftercare, Selection of remediation options, Strategies),
· Site Investigation (Conceptual Site Model, Sampling and Analysis),
· Wider Impact/sustainability (Assessment tools, Economic, Environmental, Social effects)
Diffuse Pollution (Contaminants, Monitoring, Regulation, Sources)
Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year 2005
wishes the EUGRIS Dissemination Team